Monday, 19 July 2010

For Illustration Friday - 'Breakfast!' Naughty lion, I hope the feathers give him indigestion!
Things with me have been super busy the last few weeks, so it's nice to finally have a bit of a pause in commissions and be able to spend a bit of time on my portfolio and of course, illustration friday.  Things are all go with my second monster book with Caterpillar Books and I've been doodling hundreds if not thousands of new, crazy monsters.  I've also had a fun brief from Pentacor for Cambridge University Press which has been taking up any spare moments, although the roughs are in, so now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they get the thumbs up.  I've also submitted samples to a couple of publishers, one of which was for a project by Egmont Books which sounds like loads of fun but you know how it is with sending samples, its a bit like fishing; requires dedication, patience and an ability to enjoy the process even if you don't catch anything in the end! I've also found a bit of time to do a bit of writing and have some fun new concepts to work on so it'll be exciting to get some sample pages mocked up and start sending them out to publishers. Watch this space!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Great illustration - very amusing. Good luck with work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajajajajaj this is the funniest one ive seen. awesome style

    My IL-Friday-Breakfast:
    http://tinyurl.com/2d8kt9h

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Kate! Hey that rhymes! Love those feathers and the look on both their faces. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed aloud and startled my four year old. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so too!

    (he looks so cute though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, fantastic and super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute illustrations. Such bright colors! I love the green sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a cheeky Lion! Whats his name?

    I love the illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mizdum, How are you? His name is Nigel. Nigel the naughty lion :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to seeing what Nigel the naughty lion gets upto next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic characters - I feel for the poor Rhino!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!