Thursday, 3 November 2011

Happy Halloween all! I hope you had a good one!

Once again my blog has been sorely neglected as things have been manic here. In July me and my partner upped sticks from Bristol and bought a pad by the sea in sunny North Devon. We both have family here and both love the beach so decided it was high time we moved back to the coast. Since then work has been unbelievably busy. I've just finished the Children's book 'The Mouse That Learnt to Love Cheese' for Edam cheese and Beattie Communications, which is due to go on sale soon and will hopefully help to raise funds for the National Osteoporosis Society. I've also had a big commission from Oxford University Press which just finished last week for one of their teacher resources text books. Currently keeping me busy is 'My Big Book of Ghosts' with Campbell Books, which is so much fun to work on and a Christmas themed novelty book with Ladybird books. There's also been a few fun monster briefs from Caterpillar books as the monster series is still growing!  Another ongoing project is a series of book covers for Pan Macmillan Young Fiction. The covers are so much fun as they feature one of my favourite subjects; dogs!! Speaking of which.... This is our new permanent office assistant Taz.


He was rescued from the pound by http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/ and we were lucky enough to be given the opportunity to give him a new home!

That's about it for now, but will do my best to update again soon. Thanks for reading :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay you got a doggy! He's such a cutie! Well done on all the fab new commissions, your work is looking amazing. We must catch up soon :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!