Friday, 13 December 2013

A winter catch up.


Christmas songs are on the radio and the heating is permanently on. Yep, it's that special time of the year when deadlines come thick and fast and the postman looks as dishevelled stressed as I do.

The last few months have been a bit of a juggling act with new projects finishing and starting but I'm already excited to see the fruits of my labour over the next year as the books that I've worked so hard on, make there way onto the shelves of book shops. These books will include four titles for Egmont books under the imprint of Red Shed, I Explore Under the Sea, Digging for Dinosaurs, Airports and Zoo's which are all great fun childrens books with an educational twist! Joining these four books is 'Hocus Pocus Dipodocus' which I illustrated for Maverick Books. It was an absolute joy to work on and is due for publication in May. For Little Tiger Press I illustrated Goldilocks and the Three Bears which is due for publication in February and was a real labour of love but the result is brilliant (thanks to the art direction of Helen, one of the many brilliant designer's at Little Tiger) and it's a book that I'm really proud off with end papers and all! I've also just finished the first batch of eight Monster books for Harper Collins under the 'Letts' imprint which are looking fantastic. And finally I've also had the pleasure of working with Bloomsbury on two of their educational titles which has kept me glued to the mac screen for the last few weeks as the deadlines were super tight but the last batch of artworks went off this morning so fingers crossed they're all okay! In the next few weeks I'll be beavering away on new sticker books for the Egmont I Explore brand, a new project with Igloo and the next round of 'Lett's' monster books so here's hoping there will be enough time to enjoy a few mince pies and a bit of good old christmas tv. I can't wait ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!